The Most Common Semi-Truck Breakdowns
Regular wear and tear or even one-time misuse can cause semi-truck breakdowns, usually at the most inconvenient times. What are the most common causes of breakdowns?
- Brakes. There are a number of unseen issues that can cause brake failure other than normal corrosion. If not caught soon enough, brake failure could land you in a dire situation.
- Electrical. Even small electrical malfunctions can cause big damage. It’s not always easy to detect electrical issues before they get too big to manage.
- Tires. Tire problems may be the most common that semi-truck drivers have to deal with. Poor maintenance can cause some serious problems, but so can standard wear and tear.
- Engine. Although newer semi-truck engines are more environmentally friendly and built to last, older models are at risk for sudden breakdown if the engine is overused.
- Age. An old truck is an old truck and even though it may function well for quite a while, there comes a day when it just won’t go.
Unfortunately, semi-truck breakdowns aren’t cheap to fix. The price of a new truck isn’t usually in the budget, but the cost of the fix may not be worth it. In that case, what other options do you have?
A More Affordable and Friendly Alternative
Our VersaTran Retriever is a specially designed truck that is made to help you be more productive, pay less for equipment hauls, less for repairs and maintenance, reduce the risk of on-job injuries, be more environmentally friendly, and can be customized to your specifications.
Whether you’re looking for a truck with no bed, a new tow truck, rollback truck, or something to transport equipment, the Retriever is exactly what you’re looking for. Visit us at www.versatraninc.com for more information about our models, their features, and to get in touch today.