So what is the “Big Deal” about The Retriever?
By far the most efficient product in its category, at 50,000 miles per year and 10 cycles per day The Retriever will easily reduce your delivery costs by $15,000 per year or more.
35% Faster loading, Labor Costs saving $8,000 - $10,000/ year
- 25 seconds from setting the parking brake to ready to load.
- Low loading angle and curved deck allow equipment to simply be driven on eliminating time consuming winching,
- Low deck heights allows operators to chain down loads from the ground, no climbing on and off of the deck.
- Large number of perimeter and center keyslot tie-down points makes secure chaining fast and easy.
Larger Payloads, $5,000 to $10,000 per year.
Retriever is 2,000 to 4,000 lbs. lighter than competitive products. We accomplish that by eliminating the heavy hydraulic components and complex mechanisms found in conventional products and by using high strength steel throughout our design, keeping the strength up and the weight down. The benefits to you are larger payload capabilities and elimination of the parasitic loss created by dragging around all that dead weight. That’s 8% to 12% larger more payload, saves trips, saves $$$$ at the weigh station, value $5,000 to $10,000/year.
Retrieve’s extremely low deck height, just 5-1/2 inches above the truck frame, improves bridge clearance significantly for safe transportation of many of those tall loads that had to go out on a semi before. At the same time the lower center of gravity improves truck handling on the highway. Missed a bridge, never knew it, how much is that worth?
Reduced Maintenance, $1,500 to $2,000 per year
Elimination of hydraulics and complex mechanics simply reduces the potential number of items that require maintenance and sometimes repair. With The Retriever there’s no PTO, hydraulic pump, rollers, slides, power tracks or hose reeving. There is no hydraulic oil to leak. Just simple, rugged, low maintenance components designed to keep your truck out of the shop and making money. Savings, $1,500 to $2,000 per year.
Retriever’s No Idle System greatly reduces the #1 cause of emission system problems in modern diesel trucks, excessive idling. Modern diesels with EPA compliant emissions systems are an engineering marvel. Truck engine emissions have been reduced by 98% since 1990. However, they just don’t do well idling. They run dirty and plug up Diesel Particulate Filters while wearing major engine components at over twice the rate of on highway driving. This leads to emission systems issues and premature engine overhauls.
“500 hours of idling = 64,000 miles of engine wear”
- Cummins Engines “Idling Myths”
No Idling During Loading, Annual Savings $4,000 per year
- Engine Idling burns about 8/10 of a gallon of fuel per hour. At 2 hours of idling per day that adds up to 400 gallons of fuel per year or $1,500 potential savings.
- Excessive idling is the #1 cause of emission system problems on modern diesel engines. The No Idle System makes it possible to reduce idling to less than 10% eliminating $500 per year in unnecessary expenses and likely even more cost for downtime.
- If you’re going to allow diesel engines to idle more than 10% of the time you should increase the frequency of oil changes, at $250 to $300 for an oil change to a diesel truck engine a couple more of those per year starts to add up. $500 to $600 per year.
- Excessive idling greatly accelerates engine wear moving that $20,000+ overhaul closer. The No Idle System pushes that overhaul back down the road, where it should be. Saving $1,500 plus per year.